This classroom and clinical skills lab is a 2-hour, hands-on workshop which introduces caregivers to methods for the safe movement of an individual from one position to another where there may be difficulty and a risk of injury to the family member and/or their caregiver. At the conclusion you will be able to safely move your patient in and out of the bath, bed, low chairs and automobiles, from a wheel chair to a bed, etc.
Attendees will participate in the classroom and in the skills laboratory to learn and practice skills and performance techniques.
Learn Hands-On Practical Skills:
- Body Mechanics / Back Injury Prevention
- Safe use of canes and walkers
- Bed to wheelchair / wheelchair to bed
- Wheelchair to tub / tub to wheelchair
- Low chair to walker to wheelchair
- Transfer techniques to toilet / assist devices
- Turning and positioning a bed bound person for comfort or to prevent choking during meals
- Assisting a falling / fainting person